Sunday 12 January 2014

A trip to remember

Last year, during Ganesh Chaturthi, I had holidays for couple of days in my office. I was not having many friends to hang out in Bangalore. I was really freaking out as had no plans how to optimize the usage of my holidays. Nobody will accept if holidays go for a toss as bosses literally exploit us for the remaining days. Meanwhile, my cousin called up and casually asked me to visit her place - Pune. I am sure she would not have meant it so seriously but I was so shameless to say yes instantly. And then I was there for couple of days enjoying the most widely celebrated Ganesh Puja. Though my main objective to visit Pune was to make use of my holiday but still I had a hidden inclination to experience Ganesh Puja celebration in Maharashtra. The locals staying in her colony had booked a huge banquet hall in Pune for the festival.

Honestly speaking, the experience of the celebration was beyond my imagination. In every single lane you will find statues of Lord Ganesha. True to my experience, it is such a spectacular festival which everyone should see at least once. Most importantly, no matter what religion you belong to, still every single one had immersed themselves in the festival. It was one of the largest banquet hall in Pune but still there was not even an inch to step in. I don’t think you can imagine how crowded it becomes until you see with your own eyes. The enthusiasm, harmony amongst the locals is indeed praise worthy. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment